Saturday, February 28, 2009

Trial Day

Had the first colts trial today. It went well, our team won 23-0 and I think I played well enough that the coaches were a little impressed. I had a good part in 3 of the tries, the first I put a kick over the top and the winger knocked on. From that scrum and a few plays later we scored. Then I acted as scrum-half for a couple of plays on the opponents 5 meter line and got the ball out to the line that then ran the ball in. On the third try I ran as support, and I almost got a try of my own but the pass back into me was hit out by an opponent. We have a fitness practice on Tuesday and a normal practice on Thursday and a second trial on Sunday. After the game all the coaches were trying to convince us not to be enticed by the "Country" teams around the area. Basically asking us to make commit to Lincoln University Rugby rather than playing for one of the clubs in the surrounding area. Hopefully the coaches liked what they saw in me, we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment